Tuesday 3 November 2009

Priest Removed From Duties Over Pictures



From Scranton....
A priest has been removed from his duties after church officials say he accidentally displayed inappropriate pictures from his computer before Sunday Mass.  The Diocese of Scranton said the Rev. Edward Lyman was using his computer on Oct. 25 to project an informational DVD about the annual diocesan fundraiser when four photos were displayed. They featured what church officials describe as “minimally attired adult males.”  Lyman has been removed as administrator of St. Anthony, St. Bridget and St. John the Baptist parishes in Throop. The diocese would not say where he is.

Yeah.  "Accidentally".   Accidentally displayed FOUR photos.  I bet the old pervert had to be dragged away from the pointer.  And only the good Lord knows what was coming on the "informational DVD" he was about to play.

Nice follow-up too.  "Minimally attired adult males".  What the fuck does that mean?  Is it just me or has journalism just gone down the shitter since the days of Woodward and Bernstein?  If we're to truly ridicule Ted Lyman here, we need some more detail.  Was this the Chippendales we're talking about?  Were they wearing some sort of Caligula outfit?  Were they dressed like Z's gimp in Pulp Fiction?  Or just a dog collar and leather hat?    And positioned how?  Are we tallking GC pose here?  Some sort of gymnastics?  The wheelbarrow?

I'm struggling to get 5 lines out of what should be the story of the year.  But I've not got much to work with here.  I bet the church even gave them that quote. Where's the quote from Mrs Livingstone who was "distraught and almost fainted when the images came up on the screen.... I've been coming ot church here for 37 years, but I won't be back"?  And Farmer Reynolds, "Well, my wife mades me come here, but if I'da knowed this were going on, I'da been here every week!"

Piss poor journalism.  That's the real crime here.






No comments:

Post a Comment